Monday, January 9, 2012

Do I dig up my winter pansies when they are looking so beautiful, to prepare the ground for bedding plants?

I've never had the heart to do that, myself. I always just plant the new annuals in amongst them. The pansies still look lovely while the others are filling out and as the pansies fade with the heat the others take over and often self sow for the next year, or even sometimes the fall. I have a very casual, cottagey style of gardening though and that wouldn't work for someone who wanted something more symmetrical. If that's the case for you, you could always pot the pansies into a nice pot or two and keep them as long as they look nice. I'd never be able to just trash them though. All those happy little faces staring up at me from the compost heap? I don't think so!

Do I dig up my winter pansies when they are looking so beautiful, to prepare the ground for bedding plants?
wikipedia.com


No comments:

Post a Comment